Saturday, February 21, 2009

tiredness has set it

Man I am so tired!
I worked last night. I haven't worked in a week, and going back after a little time off is hard to do. I can't imagine what its going to be like after we go to Vegas, and I'm off for 2 weeks. I'm so excited to go. we never get to go anywhere, especially just the 2 of us. It is going to be so much fun....Go away, get married, sit by the pool, gamble a little. ahhhh......relaxation it will be.

So, I want to get Dominic potty trained. He's almost 2 1/2 and I think its about time. I started on Wednesday night. He did really well, and I was so proud of him. Thursday comes around, and I take him, and he goes a few times. Then we go over to Todd & Tiff's house, and Josh doesn't want to take his potty chair, so there goes that night. Friday, I slept in, since I had to work nights, and the boy wasn't taken to the potty all day. After I got up, I took him a a few times, and he was doing good, but then he went to Grandma's Friday night and I have no idea if he's going or not. I know we still have time, but I think he's ready, and we need to work and focus on it. Hopefully, soon others will agree with me and I won't be the only one working on it. He is so funny about going to the potty. He loves it. He gets so excited when he goes, so he can wipe his little butt. and he will stand there and wipe it like 20 times. He thinks its funny. He also has to wash his hands. I'm trying to teach him not to be a disgusting man. I'm trying to think of some sort of treat or prize for when he goes to help out.

Okay, I know blogging about my son going to the potty, not normal, but whatever. I am a mom and that's what I do, talk about my kids.

Aidan may look just like his daddy, but he inherited my lack of grace. That poor little boy is so clumsy. He's already busted his forehead open twice. My sis just keeps telling him that chicks dig scars. I just keep apologizing to him, cause I know he gets it from me.

Ty learned how to roll over from him back to his belly. The little chubby butt just can't get back over to his back. Its so funny. He gets so mad. I have to laugh, cause I know that his little arms are working so hard, but he just can't push all that weight over quite yet. I don't think it will be too long before he figures it out. I didn realize that in my last blog, I explained how Dom & Aidan got their middle names, but I forgot to explain Ty's. Well, Josh wanted to name him after the place he was born in Mexico, Veracruz. Over dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, we cam up with Ty Cruz. Not too long after that, my mother-in-law told me that Josh's Mexican grandmother's family name was Cruz. So, that settled it, and his name is Ty Cruz. We have had a lot of people ask what his name is short for, and its not short for anything. We thought about Tyler or Tyson, but knew we wanted to caal him Ty, so we just went with Ty. He was our biggest baby, with the shortest name. My dad pointed out that our boys' names got shorter as we kept having them. He said its a good thing Ty is the last one, cause if there were any more, they would just be a letter.

I do talk about my kids a lot, but they are my world. I someitmes think I would love to be a stay at home mom, but then I change my mind. I like getting out of the house now and then and having an adult conversation. I do talk about my kids when I'm away from them though. I think thats good though. They are my little guys and I adore them. Now, if they would just sleep in a little that would be nice. Josh & I are not early risers, but man these boys get up early. That's okay, when they are older and want to sleep in, Mommy will be there to wake them up and ship their butts off to school. ahhhhh.......sweet redemption. lol j/k

1 comment:

  1. Most Mom's blog about everything involving their kids! It is kinda like the busy Mom's scrapbook/journal! If Dom is ready u should put the smackdown...make everyone be on board ure the Mommy!

    I hate to break the news to ya but the pools are not open yet in April in Vegas! It is not warm enough...it is jeans and t-shirt weather during the day but at night it is freezing! Be prepared...bring lots of different kinds of clothes because the temp is sporatic in the spring...but the good news is that no matter what it will be sunny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete